INVEST Precision Medicine, an online conference June 9-11, is bringing together a wide range of industry experts from computational genomics and bioinformatics in pediatrics to biotech and patient advocacy groups seeking to improve diversity in drug development.
Here’s a look at the agenda for Wednesday June 9:
Pediatrics and Precision Medicine: 10:30-11:30 ET
A panel of precision medicine experts from Children’s hospitals will take part in a conversation that highlights the work being done to improve the way rare diseases and pediatric cancer is diagnosed and treated.
Moderator: Samuel Blackman, MD, PhD, Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer, Day One Biopharmaceuticals @drsam
- Josh Bonkowsky, MD, PhD, Medical Director of the Primary Children’s Center for Personalized Medicine, Intermountain Healthcare
- Tomi Pastinen, MD, PhD, Director, Genomic Medicine Center, Children’s Mercy Kansas City
- Peter White, PhD, Senior Director of The Steve & Cindy Rasmussen Institute for Genomic Medicine, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Click here to view the rest of the agenda for the week.
How Can We Improve Health Equity in Precision Medicine?
1:00-2:00 PM ET
Targeted therapies for certain types of cancer to rare disease offer new hope for these patient populations. But how can we ensure that these treatments are also developed with minority communities in mind?
Moderator: Kemi Olugemo, MD, Executive Medical Director, Neurology Clinical Development, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Kate Burke, MD, Senior Medical Advisor, PatientsLikeMe
Elisabeth Heath, MD, Associate Center Director, Translational Sciences;Chair, Genitourinary Oncology Multidisciplinary Team, Karmanos Cancer Institute
Alyshia Merchant, Founder, Making Lupus Look Good
Pitch Perfect Precision Medicine Part 1: Health IT: 3:30-5PM ET
Presentations by an exciting set of startups presenting technologiesthat include:
- A biomedical data platform
- Personalized health approach to weight management
- Identifying biomarkers in a person’s voice to detect disease
- Developing microbiome-based solutions
They presenting companies include:
- Vocalis Health
- AIQ Soutions
The companies will be assessed by three judges:
- Andrea Jackson, Director, Northpond Ventures
- Alyssa Jaffee, Partner, 7wire Ventures
- Taha Jangda, Partner, HealthX Ventures
Photo: SusanneB, GettyImages